Bouyancy of the commercial marketspace?
- Introduction of Computer Associates Jasmine pure ODBMS (targetted at multimedia data)
- Oracle et al. paying lip-service to OO with Object features bolted on to their fundamentally RDBMS technology
- Breathtaking fall of Versant stock!
- Still no IPO for Objectivity
Conversion of legacy ODBMS data from one system to another?
- 100 PetaBytes via an ODMG-compliant text file?!
- Good argument for keeping raw data outside the ODBMS, in simple binary files (BUT doubles storage needs)