The Capacity Transfer Rate Gap
Density growing faster than ability to transfer data
- We can store the data just fine, but do we have the time to look at it?
There are solutions short of poverty
- Stripped tape?
- Only if you want a lot of headaches
- Intelligent staging
- Primary access on RAID devices
- Cost/Performance is still a problem
- Need to address UFS scaling problem
- Replication - a fatter pipe?
- Data synchronization problem
- Load balancing issues
Whatever the solution is, youll need lot of them